We´re huge devop fans - and devops love Docker. Docker is the most popular application container platform in the world. For your convenience, we build Docker images of every Enonic XP release.
Complete the following steps:
Running Enonic XP with Docker actually requires access to a Docker container - now, that’s a surprise!
Docker version 1.8.1 or newer is required to complete this guide
If you don’t already have a Docker up and running, we recommend reading the brilliant documentation on how to get started with Docker:
Launch Enonic XP on Docker
With Docker up and running, installing Enonic XP is as smooth as baby skin. Execute the commands below in your terminal/shell to get going.
- Create a storage container for configuration files, applications and data (XP_HOME)
docker run -it --name xp-home enonic/xp-home
- Install and start Enonic XP, mounting the xp-home volume
docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --volumes-from xp-home --name xp-app enonic/xp-app
This will download the latest stable Enonic XP image, start it, and map it to port
8080 on your docker-host.
You can optionally add :<versionnumber> at the end of the command to launch a specific version of Enonic XP - i.e.
docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --volumes-from xp-home --name xp-app enonic/xp-app:6.12.2
Check out our Project page at Docker Hub for more info.
Start by pointing your browser to
Log in with username
su and password
After logging in you should see the following screen, with the launcher panel to the right:
If this is the first time you launch XP - the welcome tour will automatically launch. If it does not start, simply click the tour icon at top left of the home screen.
- Click through each step of the welcome tour
- On the last step, click the Install button
- Once the applications are installed, click finish
Find more on Enonic Market
If you want to try other applications, follow the steps below:
- Open the Applications tool from the launcher panel to the right
- Click Install from the menu (top left)
- Browse to find the applications you are looking for and click Install
You may also visit Enonic market directly on https://market.enonic.com